5 Critical Questions to Qualify Your Electronics Recycler
- 80% of electronics recyclers are not certified at all.
- The highest standard in the industry is Certified
- Electronics recyclers should audit and validate downstream partner compliance to standards.
- Downstream partners should provide full accountability for material through final disposition.
- E-waste must meet Basel Amendment standards if exported.
- Recyclers should provide transparent reports for the entire chain of custody of materials, by weight or serial number, at customer request.
- Data security services should conform to NIST 800-88 Guidelines for Media Sanitation.
- The recycler should dedicate resources to identify and reduce hazards and require proper protective equipment.
- The recycler should document the safe, on-site handling of hazardous materials.
- Verify the recycler is operating a safe and secure recycling facility.
Metech Recycling – Your Qualified and Responsible Recycler
Metech Recycling is a Certified e-Stewards® recycler. We are also ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified and meet the highest environmental, safety, record-keeping and e-waste management standards in the industry.
Materials received at our facilities are sorted and disassembled; commodity material is sent to downstream partners for further recycling. Downstream vendors receiving hazardous e-waste are audited in person on a routine basis to determine initial and ongoing eligibility. We ensure that Metech Recycling materials are responsibly handled in conformance with the e-Stewards Standard to their final disposition.
Metech Recycling conforms to the NIST Standard and maintains an environmental management system as part of our ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certification. We track the chain of custody of all recycled materials. Our mass-balance system allows us to prove how each pound of a recycled electronic item is converted to pounds of plastic, metal, circuit boards, wire and other commodities shipped out for further recycling. Our sites are equipped with security cameras to track and record material processing.
Metech Recycling maintains a safe and healthful work environment by dedicating resources to identify and reduce or eliminate hazards through engineering, administrative controls, and the proper use of personal protective equipment. We devote time and resources to provide extensive employee training programs and workers are required to work in a safe manner as a condition of employment.
No appointment necessary! Metech Recycling welcomes client visits at any time.